Here we go...


Blogs are impossible to start. Seriously. It’s not that I don’t have a lot to say…it’s just that, as I write this post, I have a baby screaming for attention from across the room because our behemoth dog won’t stop trying to steal his cracker.

Atticus loves crackers, but it’s pretty much the only solid food he enjoys these days. At 8 months old, he should be gobbling down all manner of sloppy baby food goo, but he’s just not interested. Our pediatrician went so far as to suggest it might be a developmental delay requiring the assistance of a pathologist. I’m not quite ready to consider that yet, as it’s not that he can’t eat solid food, he just won’t. Which sucks because my mom got us this really cool baby food maker for Christmas that’s currently collecting dust and taking up Brian’s precious counterspace in the kitchen. We’re hoping there will come a day when we can whip up a batch of organic applesauce and actually have him eat it instead of what currently takes place, which is me sitting opposite the high chair and feeding myself via airplane-esque movements with the spoon. See, Atticus? Mama likes it. I don’t. It’s slimy and goopy and just downright disgusting. I’d take a cracker over that nonsense any day…I guess the kid has standards.

Comments

Popular Posts